Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Day Two

Really original titles for these posts, eh? Well, that's what happens when it gets late and I want to make sure to post for the day but nothing creative wants to work its way out of my brain.
Today was a good one, mostly. I'm a bit worried about losing my job, though--or at least a part of it. The building in which I normally work has been shut down due to mold. I've been going to the main building to work, but the kids I work with haven't been coming up to the main building. They see that the Teen Center is closed, and they don't read the note on the door, and I'm left sitting with nothing to do behind the front desk up at the main YMCA building. No teens arrive, and it looks like I'm doing nothing. Which is true.
One of these days, my supervisor is going to tell me that I shouldn't come in for those hours anymore. I can't afford not to. I have to find some way to make myself useful, I guess, so that they feel that it's worth it for me to keep coming in.
And now this post is starting to make it look like I intend to turn this blog into an online journal. That's not the case at all... I don't think. Or maybe it is. I don't know. We'll see how it all evolves. For now, though, I must shower. I still smell a bit like chlorine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home