Thursday, January 04, 2007

Washington, not DC

So I just got back from Washington a few days ago. What a gorgeous place! I'd not yet been to the Pacific Northwest, and I wasn't quite prepared for how awesome it is to see massive mountains rising out from across a huge bay. Mountains and Beaches in the same scene... How much more could you ask for?
I wish I'd taken more photos and/or video while we were there, but no, I was too distracted by the great time I was having to bother thinking about recording it! This pic of Serra and me is pretty much all I have from the trip, snapped quickly on my cell phone while were admiring the view from the top of Washington Park.
I'm now torn. I like the Boston area. I've been having a pretty good time here. My job, though, is not a permanent one, definitely not something I'm ready to settle into. I've been looking into what I want to do with the rest of my life, and for the most part I was thinking about staying in this general area. Now, though, I know how amazingly awesome the Pacific Northwest is, and I'm wondering if perhaps moving out there might be somewhere in my future... I thought the same things about Colorado, though...Oh well, no rush.
Except that there is a bit of a rush, in terms of my career. My current job is not cutting it in terms of paying the bills, and I'm really not liking the stress of wondering what bill won't get paid this month. It's not a pattern that I want to get into, and thus I'm looking to get a better job of some sort or other rather soon, if I can't make more hours/money where I'm working now... Again, oh well. No sense getting stressed about it. I've got a few options I'm looking into. Until then I'll keep up this experiment on how to be poor.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home